Dual Stage Pressure Reducing Regulator Combination (In-line) with Model 80 Regulators
NOMINAL SIZE RANGE (mm) : 25 TO 300 (MODEL 80)
INLET PRESSURE UP TO : PN100 (or ANSI CLASS 600) FOR MODEL 80
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATION
(DESCRIBED FOR MODEL 80 REGULATORS ONLY; FOR MODEL 81 THIS CONFIGURATION IS SELDOM
USED, BUT THIS TEXT ALSO IS APPLICABLE)
- Consists of model 80/829s and model 80/888 regulators installed in-line.
- Refer also to separate leaflets describing the Ainsworth model 80/888 and model 80/829s regulators, if required.
- For pressure reducing applications, where high reduction ratios are required, such as underground mining water supply systems.
- Model 80/829s regulator is used for first stage pressure reduction, Model 80/888 as a second stage backpressure regulator.
PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION
- Model 80/829s regulator operates as it would on its own; sensing/controlling required downstream pressure.
- Operation in normal pressure reducing mode.
- (thus sense line connected downstream of second regulator)
- Model 80/888 only provides ‘backpressure’ to first valve, thus spreading total pressure drop over two valves. (Thus total pressure drop can be increased without undue wear on regulators)
- Control of first regulator is thus independent of second regulator, which eliminates stability or ‘hunting’ problems often occurring in multi-regulator control systems.
- Pressure resulting in line between regulators remains constant at a value slightly higher than setting on nitrogen accumulator.
Tel: (011) 433-3968
Fax: (011) 433-9107